Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to get link to oauth on Mac OS X?

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] How to get link to oauth on Mac OS X?
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:12:23 -0500

On Dec 24, 2012, at 7:39 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> On 25.12.2012 00:59, Scott Hannahs wrote:

>>> this can be ignored as long as you don't plan to use ubuntu oneā€¦
>>
>> The "putting tape over the dashboard warning light" solution works for me!
>
> sorry? is this a common figure of speech? ..ede

It is a solution in many situations.  It has been championed by "click and
clack, the tappet brothers" of the humorous NPR show called "Car Talk".  Here
are some examples from their web site:
<http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2129671/air-bag-warning-light>
<http://community.cartalk.com/discussion/2286483/weird-mercedes-c220-warning-light-behaviors>

The basic meme is just to hide the warning.  It may be a U.S. cultural idiom,
but the concept is universal.

-Scott