Re: [Duplicity-talk] Bind to a given source address?

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Bind to a given source address?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:29:58 +0200

On 02.06.2013 05:13, Michael Brennen wrote:

> I just began using duplicity a couple of days ago.  So far it seems quite
> nicely done.  I am running the EPEL package, 0.6.21, on CentOS.
>
> Can duplicity bind to a specified ip address on the local host on which it
> runs?  I googled a bit but could find nothing on that.  That would be useful
> to me to route traffic a particular direction.

duplicity uses different backends. what you ask depends on the backend you want
to use.
say you would wanna use sftp (ssh backend), you would have to find out if either
paramiko backend
- paramiko supports a setting like that
pexpect ssh backend
- command line ssh binary can do that and provide the --ssh-options

same goes for the ftp backends and all the others. easiest will probably be to
wrap the process in some process that does the binding/routing whatever for
duplicity.

..ede/duply.net