Re: [Duplicity-talk] Mirroring then writing to multiple backup destinati

From: GDR!
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Mirroring then writing to multiple backup destinations?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:09:00 +0200

Hi,

Duplicity keeps a local cache of the metadata files. Before it uses that
cache, it connects to the backup destination and checks if there are any
differences. I've deleted duplicity files manually over FTP and it
picked up the changes (not that it's a good way of doing anything).

Also I'm unsure about this part because I couldn't find the appropriate
code, but duplicity keeps its cache in a directory named after a hash of
something, and I believe that something is a pair of (backed up
directory, remote resource URL). So if I'm right, there's a chance that
your 3 devices will have 3 different local cache directories.

In case you have any issues, you could just delete the cache directory
(~/.cache/duplicity by default) after it finishes working, or point it
to use non-permanent storage.

GDR!
http://gdr.name/