Re: [Duplicity-talk] pydrive backend: how to use storage of a user accou

From: Steve Tynor
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] pydrive backend: how to use storage of a user account instead of a service account?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 16:18:20 -0400

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 12:06:11 +0000, Rupert Levene wrote:
> This has two drawbacks:
>
> (1) I would like to use the unlimited quota in my user account, but
> the quota in the service account is restricted to 15 GB; and
>
> (2) as far as I know the service account has no password, so I can't
> see the backup through the usual Google drive web interface, android
> apps etc.
>
> Could the pydrive backend be modified to allow backups to the drive
> storage of a user account rather than just a service account? I guess
> the authentication process may be a bit more involved, but I believe
> it can be done.
>
> For example, gauth could be made in the following way, without using a
> service account at all:

Nudge.  I'm having same problem with the new pydrive backend.   I've been using the gdocs backend but based on the Google warnings about deprecating its authentication method, I'm trying to transition to pydrive - but as Rupert points out, it's storing to the service account's drive which isn't the same one that gdocs used (and which I can browse interactively via the drive web interface...)

Steve