[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity and put only backend permissions

From: Christian Saga
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity and put only backend permissions
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 18:13:39 +0200

Hi there,
I was just thinking about a new setup. Basically allowing duplicity to only write new objects to S3 and not allow deletion of old items.
This would allow me to have the backups secured, in case the server gets hijacked.

Do you know if this would pose problems with duplicity? I feel, it is only writing new objects for full and incremental backups to s3. Only the purge would delete old versions? If I would turn the purge off, then it should work?
Or is there any other action, that would need the possibility to change files in the backend instead of just uploading?

Regards
  Christian