Re: [Duplicity-talk] backups larger than source

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] backups larger than source
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 19:58:54 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015, Matt Chipman wrote:

Thanks Edgar,

Backuppc does deduping via hard links and I think Duplicity is storing
multiple copies of the same files (via hard links) instead of just the hard
links and the original file.

I think I will have to rethink how I prepare my source as its ~800GB deduped

does my reasoning make sense?

That's correct. Duplicity does not do any special handling for hard links; they are treated as if they were separate files. This is documented in the man page.

--
Nate Eldredge
address@hidden