[Duplicity-talk] backups larger than source

From: Matt Chipman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] backups larger than source
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 16:16:10 +1000

Greetings,

backing up a "Backuppc" store to a qnap device and the backups are huge.

As a test, started with a 2.6GB Backuppc directory and after 1 hour, the backup is still running and the backup size is now ~20GB.

System is Debian 8

tried Version 6.24 and 6.26 with the same result.  Tried with encryption and without, same result.

About to try Duplicity 7 and see how that goes but it seems I am missing something.

current command line
/usr/local/bin/duplicity --no-encryption /var/lib/backuppc/pc/wiki scp://address@hidden///share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/AUdcbkp01

I am wondering if Duplicity is seeing all the links in the backuppc directory and going round in circles?

any hints much appreciated.

cheers

-Matt