[Duplicity-talk] 0.6 Series Support EOL

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] 0.6 Series Support EOL
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 13:03:45 -0500

Hi,

This is to announce that the 0.6 series has reached End-Of-Life.  No further updates or upgrades will be made to it.  The long term support folks can easily upgrade to the tarball version, the Daily PPA, or the Stable PPA, depending on their needs.

The 0.7 series will continue while we work on 0.8 with an eye to ever larger backups and split signature files.

We would love to work with the distros to figure out how to assist in their long term support needs, but currently we are at odds with how development is done. We do not have time to maintain dozens of different versions dependent on the vagaries of each of the distros, while at the same time adding new features.  Heck, we don't even have the time to maintain the half-dozen or so versions that Ubuntu would need.  So, progress will be made, but if you want or need to stick with the distribution repository for whatever reason, we'll try to help, but the most common response will be to upgrade to one of the above.

...Thanks,
...Ken