Re: [Duplicity-talk] Compression Levels

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Compression Levels
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 15:28:50 +0100

On 2016-06-29 15:03, edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk wrote:
On 29.06.2016 15:51, Ben Edwards via Duplicity-talk wrote:

and if I do go to max compression, or change type is it likely to make much difference. I am backing up a mixture of different types of documents but there are quire aw images.

i suggest you try to backup to a local file:// target and observe
time/size differences as a test.

You may also like to Google around for compression comparisons. This site:
https://binfalse.de/2011/04/04/comparison-of-compression/
for example, does some interesting scatter plots for speed vs compression for different file types (it doesn't cover the different compression levels within bzip, though).

Kind regards,

Aaron