durito-dev

[Durito-dev] [Fwd: Re: HyperDE: need help?]

From: ahg
Subject: [Durito-dev] [Fwd: Re: HyperDE: need help?]
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 00:34:30 -0600

--------- Mensaje reenviado --------
De: Daniel Schwabe <address@hidden>
Para: address@hidden
Cc: Demetrius Nunes <address@hidden>
Asunto: Re: HyperDE: need help?
Fecha: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:21:44 -0200

To complement:
On 22/11/2005 14:09, Demetrius Nunes wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> We´ve noticed some references to our open-source project, HyperDE, and
> we would be glad to help in any way if you do choose HyperDE as a
> suitable environment for (at least) rapid building a Durito prototype.

I noticed you refered to an ealier paper that uses HyperDE; pls find a
paper we just submitted to WWW2006, describing HyperDE in some more detail.

SHDM is based on OOHDM, which has been in use for about 10 years. You
can see more references in http://www.tecweb.inf.puc-rio.br/oohdm.

 From what I have been able to gather, your intended application could
be designed quite straightforwardly using SHDM/OOHDM. Among other
things, you can get a navigation diagram that is much more concise than
http://durito.alesoft.net/durito/wiki/ArquitecturaInteraccion, for example.

Also, we have done some work on abstract interface ontologies, which are
higher abstraction level than Fresnel; you can get references in the
OOHDM wiki above (look for the publications sections). I have even shown
this to both Chris Bizer and Ryan Lee, two of the proponents of Fresnel.

> We would also like you to know that we´re starting as of this week a
> project for building a ontology DSL-generator written in Ruby, called
> ActiveOntology, for which the main objective is to create a DSL layer
> for easy manipulation of any existing ontologies (initially,
> supporting RDF or RDFSchema formats) thru Ruby constructs.
>
> Let us know if you´re interested in taking part in that or need help
> getting HyperDE up and running.
>
> Best Regards,
> Demetrius

Abrazos,

---
Daniel Schwabe                          Dept. de Informatica, PUC-Rio
Tel:+55-21-3114 1500 r. 4356        R. M. de S. Vicente, 225
Fax: +55-21-3114 1530                   Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22453-900, Brasil
http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~dschwabe

Daniel