dvdrtools-users

RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Reading the data back on a DVD-ROM

From: MAL
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Reading the data back on a DVD-ROM
Date: 06 Aug 2002 10:10:38 +0100

<snip>
> I'm creating my iso extended image file in the unix/linux world, and then
> coping it over to a windows machine that holds my dvd-r burner.  I use
> windows software to burn the disk, but I can then read it in both worlds.
<snip>

Thanks for the info, but just to clarify, you haven't actually burned a
disk in Linux?
After all, that is what this list is for no?

My problem is that when I burn my ISO 9660 image, (made by mkisofs), to
a DVD-R using dvdrtools, I can only read it back on the DVD-RW drive,
(Pioneer 104). I cannot read it back on my DVD-ROM drive, (Samsung),
under Linux or Windows.

I know that this could just be the quality of my DVD-ROM drive, so I
will try it in a different make, but has anyone successfully done what
i'm trying to do?

Cheers all,

MAL