dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: "Record" DVD-R(G) w/Panasonic LF-D311 3rd Generati

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: "Record" DVD-R(G) w/Panasonic LF-D311 3rd Generation DVD-RAM drives
Date: 19 Aug 2002 23:54:02 -0400

On Sun, 2002-08-18 at 23:44, Jon Fraser wrote:
> hello, my name's Jon Fraser. I own a Panasonic/Matshita DVD-RAM Drive
> (LF-D311) it's installed in a dual boot system with Redhat 7.3 and windows
> XP. I've haven't been able to get dvdrecord in linux to recognize my drive
> as a usable device. I've been searching google for some help on this issue
> and i came across an email published to a web page that was sent from this
> address. I'm hoping in contacting you that you may have solved this issue
> and could help me out. thanks for your time.

Although I haven't personally verified, DVDRTools doesn't seem to
support the 3rd generation Panasonic DVD-RAM drives for their DVD-R(G)
"record" capability.

I have only used 1st and 2nd gen DVD-RAM drives for their DVD-RAM
"rewrite" capability as a SCSI disk.

-- Bryan

CC:  DVDRTools-Users List

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.     address@hidden     http://TheBS.org
"#3 UCF -- 'Five Best Non-BCS Teams,' College Football News ...