dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: "Record" DVD-R(G) w/Panasonic LF-D311 3rd Generati

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: "Record" DVD-R(G) w/Panasonic LF-D311 3rd Generation DVD-RAM drives
Date: 20 Aug 2002 02:17:11 -0400

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 02:05, Jon Fraser wrote:
> after I emailed you I found that cdrecord pro-dvd writes to the
> drive with no problem.

In case you'all don't know, DVDRTools is a GPL "fork" of the last GPL
version of CDRecord.  From what I understand, newer versions of CDRecord
that support DVD recording are not available in GPL.

So give your above commentary, it is safe to say that CDRecord/ProDVD
1.11alpha (is that the latest version?) supports the "record" DVD-R(G)
functionality on 3rd generation DVD-RAM drives in addition to DVD-RW
drives, and DVDRTools only seems to work on the latter?

Considering the cost of "good" DVD-R(G) software for Windows anyway, the
cost of CDRecord/ProDVD might be worth the cost for now.  As such, are
there still limitations to the size of an .iso image that you can master
with Mkisofs due to kernel, utility or other limitations with the
CDRecord 1.11alpha version too?

-- Bryan

CC:  DVDRTools-Users List

--