dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD-RW -- NT doesn't include UDF filesystem suppor

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: DVD-RW -- NT doesn't include UDF filesystem support
Date: 04 Oct 2002 07:30:34 -0400

On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 05:53, Darren Parker wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to create a DVD on a Redhat box which can be read on a
> Win NT box. The DVD will only contain tar files and Im using
> the following hardware:
> Pioneer DVD-A04
> Redhat Advanced Server 2.1
> TDK DVD-RW single sided DVD re-recordable media.
> I have been able to create a DVD which can be read via the
> Linux box it was cut on (which doesnt prove a lot), but the media
> cant be read on an NT box.
> Can anybody help me with the commmands needed to create this type
> of Media?
> Your help would be much appreciated.
> Darren

Your media and format is probably fine.

Unfortunately, Microsoft does _not_ ship Windows versions _except_ for
Windows ME and XP with UDF filesystem support.  UDF is used in "packet
writing" (i.e. rewriting) CD-RW and DVD-RAM/RW/+RW.

Go to Roxio.COM and find their free UDF read-only driver for 95/98/NT.

I really need to finish my FAQ/HOWTO.  ;-P

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.            Contact Info:  http://thebs.org
A+/i-Net+/Linux+/Network+/Server+ CCNA CIWA CNA SCSA/SCWSE/SCNA