dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Re: [ Dvdrtools ] GUI question.

From: Ken Decoteau (System Manager: GFDI)
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: [ Dvdrtools ] GUI question.
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:11:00 -0500 (EST)

I've been using Debian-Linux to do backups off of a mixed SMB/NFS network
for about 4 months now with much success. I've added in a second linux box
in a remote office to perform the same tasks there, but I have a few
questions for the list.

1. Has anyone had any *good* (read successful) experiences with writting
DVD's through a GUI in linux/unix? While I'm an old-school
mkisofs/cdrecord/dvdrecord person and haven't burned a cd with a gui in
linux ever, there are others who are interested in the process who
probably don't have the time to learn the TUI methods.

2. What's everyone doing to automate their backup--> DVD-R/RW processes?

(I'm using rsync via ssh and perl glue.)

Ken Decoteau
System Manager
Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Institute
GFDI:     850-644-6085