dvdrtools-users

[Dvdrtools-users] Writing DVD Data

From: Peter Talajic
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Writing DVD Data
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:54:39 -0500

Hello everone.

Last week, I e-mailed this group asking if someone knew why my Pioneer
DVR-104 burns of DVD-Rs could not be read by a DVD-ROM.  I have the answer.

The combination of media-type with DVD-ROM-type failed.  I tried burning
DVD-Rs on the Pioneer from both a Linux machine (mkisofs and dvdrecord) and
a Windows 98 machine (RecordNow).  Then I tried reading the data back using
a DM-127D (DVD-ROM drive from Cyberdrive Technology) from both Linux and
Windows 98.

This combination worked when the media was from OPTODisc DVD-R (G).  But
using Princo DVD-Rs failed.  I then tried both DVD-Rs using a Liton LTD-163
DVD-ROM drive.  Both worked.

Thanks to everyone.  Peter.