dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning multi-file images w/ Cendyne

From: Florin Andrei
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] Re: Problem burning multi-file images w/ Cendyne DVR-104 -- 4GB "limit" is 32-bit POSIX
Date: 01 Jan 2003 18:53:20 -0800

On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 10:24, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> XFS has always been 64-bit and _required_ LFS on POSIX32 platforms to work at
> all.

That, and also the fact that it's significantly faster than the other FS
when it comes to writing/reading from/to very large files, possibly from
several simultaneously and/or on SMP systems.

I'm not saying it's better than other FS always: ReiserFS has a
noticeable advantage when you have many small files, and of course Ext3
has the kickass data=journal mode.
But for multi-GB files, XFS fares better: video captue, generally any
kind of video stuff, mastering ISO images, etc.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/