dvipng

[Dvipng] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] dvipng transparency and eps

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: [Dvipng] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] dvipng transparency and eps
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:38:51 +0100

(redirecting to the dvipng list)

Kasper Peeters wrote:
> When using the "-bg Transparent" option to dvipng, any EPS figures
> which are included using \includegraphics still keep their
> nontransparent background. I tried replacing the
>
>     char *device="-sDEVICE=png16m";
>
> line in special.c with
>
>     char *device="-sDEVICE=pngalpha";
>
> to make sure that ghostscript spits out images with an alpha channel,
> but this didn't work (if the eps is run through ghostscript
> separately, the pngalpha device _does_ produce an image with alpha
> channel, so it seems to be a problem inside dvipng).

Correct. (It is only recently the pngalpha device has become available
in a released gs) The code used to copy from the gs-rendered image to
the dvipng image handles indexed colors this way, and I have not been
overly enthusiastic about copying pixel-by-pixel. Perhaps I should have
a go.

Now, you _have_ tried --truecolor?

I'll see if I can do anything to make dvipng autodetect what devices are
available.

/JÅ

--
Dyslectics have more fnu