dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] dvipng transparency and eps

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] dvipng transparency and eps
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:31:51 +0100

Kasper Peeters wrote:
>>Now, you _have_ tried --truecolor?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here, but if I add this option to dvipng,
> (with or without the "pngalpha" modification) the EPS images in the
> TeX document still come out with a coloured background, not a
> transparent one. Perhaps I misunderstood what you meant.

Hm. The problem is that the inclusion code (internal to libgd) uses the
gdImageColorClosest call as opposed to the gdImageColorClosestAlpha
call. I was hoping that selecting truecolor would avoid that call
altogether. From what I can see, I'd need to include the image pixel by
pixel, in my own code rather than rely on libgd's gdImageCopy. My own
gdImageCopyAlpha. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

I'll see what I can do but this will probably not happen straightaway.
/JÅ

--
They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards you hear satanic
messages. That's nothing. If you play it forwards it installs Windows.