dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] DviPng and EPS Images

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] DviPng and EPS Images
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:46:10 +0100

(Please keep the mailing list included)

Bobby Soares wrote:
> \documentstyle[conf_iap,epsf]{article}

This is a really old document, with the \documentstyle invocation from
LaTeX 2.09. It uses the epsf package to include images.

> \centerline{\epsfxsize=4.5in\epsfbox{pbkwiap98F2.eps}}

And here is an image inclusion. These old packages does not behave like
the newer ones (and it's not like they're well documented). I suspect
the whole thing will work if you insert quotation marks around the
filenames, like \epsfbox{"pbkwiap98F2.eps"}. I will change dvipng so
that this will work in the next release.

The other option would be to use the graphicx package (minus the
pdflatex option, I think), like this:
\includegraphics[width=4.5in]{pbkwiap98F2.eps}

/JÅ

--
"I hope to die before I _have_ to use Microsoft Word."
   Donald E. Knuth