dvipng

[Dvipng] Re: dvipng bug?

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: [Dvipng] Re: dvipng bug?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:10:03 +0100

Johannes Wissen wrote:
> there seems to be a Bug in dvipng, which leads to errors when using it
> within a server process as e.g. Wiki Software (running dvipng from tomcat
> service). The problem is described here:
> http://trac-hacks.swapoff.org/ticket/2450

I'd like to have the exact error output, please. My guess is that your
TeX installation does not work properly, so that mftopk cannot find the
appropriate font files to generate bitmapped fonts.

> I am having the same Problem here with dvipng and the wiki confluence:
> dvipng hangs and I have to restart the whole wiki. Is there any chance this
> will be fixed?

To be honest, I am quite surprised that it would try to generate
bitmapped fonts at all, this is only used as a last-resort fallback.

/Jan-Åke