edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu]my thoughts (long)

From: Susan Stewart
Subject: Re: [edu-eu]my thoughts (long)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 13:11:49 -0600

I was originally thinking of suggesting something in the gnu.* hierarchy,
maybe "gnu.edu" or something like that.  However, we would probably end up
with a more active newsgroup if we were a little broader, maybe considering
using the linux.* or comp.* hierarchies and chartering for discussion on
linux and open-source computing in education, rather than restricting it to
100% free software environments.  By welcoming folks from proprietary linux
distrobutions as well as those who don't use any non-free software, we could
increase our reader base.  I can't think of many discussions we would want to
have that wouldn't apply to the whole group anyhow.

What do you think?

Susan

P.S. -- Maybe it is still too early, maybe not... it seems to me that it's
worth asking around to see if we can drum up some interest.  Any other edu-eu
readers want to put in your two cents?  Would any of you read it?  Would any
of you like to help moderate or maintain a web page or FAQ?

On Saturday 28 December 2002 10:04 am, Hilaire Fernandes wrote:

<snip>

> For some time I have tried to gather teachers around DrGenius -- a GNU
> interactive geometry software developped by OFSET -- but I have been
> unsuccessfull until now to construct an user community around the
> software, such a community could work on pedagogical added value (for
> example teacher/student documents). May be it's still to early...

<snip>