edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Open Tablets - Short term vs. long term

From: Michael Kesper
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Open Tablets - Short term vs. long term
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 11:26:24 +0100

Hi Daniel, hi all,

On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 10:02:11AM +0100, Daniel Rohde-Kage wrote:
> I can not afford to and do not want to change pedagogical beliefs, I would
> like to support schools in choosing an alternative option.
> I would like to say sorry for my frustrated utterances, but it doesn't
> feel very comfortable to seeking for support und justifying for new
> didactical ideas at the same time.

I think we should differentiate between short term actions and long term
goals more clearly.
In this case, Daniel asked for infos making a short term action possible.
The tablet form factor had to be accepted as a given.
Bringing society and politics to discuss the reasonableness of tablets or
other computer variants for education would be a longer term goal, IMHO.

Please let's not mix these things up. :)

The Raspberry Pi seems to be a quite problematic architecture, btw.:
https://lwn.net/Articles/485391/

Best wishes
Michael
--