edu-eu

[edu-eu] The Messy Thread (was: Open Tablets - Short term vs. long term)

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: [edu-eu] The Messy Thread (was: Open Tablets - Short term vs. long term)
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:42:01 +0100

Hello all,

Thanks Michael for dividing these issues.

There are even more than two issues discussed in this chopped thread.
I suggest a fresh start for each of them. Please add if I forgot
something:

- Apple ebooks
- edu hardware "stuff"
- join forces to establish an open tablet for lower saxony (German
federal state)
- Nettiquette
- What kind of hardware is useful in education
- At what age computing should be taught at school
- Short term vs. long term goals

I'll try to roughly summarize them in separate emails. We may or may
not continue the discussions from there. I don't know how far I will
get with it today. Feel free to jump in!

Greetings,

Guido

PS: the title of this email was inspired by a book my daughter loves
to read. I hope we'll get to the same neat result as the Berenstain
Bears :)
http://books.google.com/books?id=ysCmeHrrX08C&printsec=frontcover&dq=messy+room&hl=en&sa=X&ei=PKhYT_vJF-fl0QGZk6GlDw&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=messy%20room&f=false

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido     []         Edu team & German team