edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] Software Libre para aprender Inglés

From: Guido Arnold
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] Software Libre para aprender Inglés
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 00:35:47 +0200

¡Hola Sebastian!

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 11:51:27AM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:

> With regard to software, what I have found that looks more
> convincing is Anki [2]. However, the flashcards themselves as such

Yes, Anki seems to be very good and popular.

> are not published with a license and look of dubious
> redistribuibility [3].

Yes, a quick research shows me that this seems to be quite common.
Some other resources at least tell you bluntly from which books
they've copied from...

As a side note: The Anki website recommends to create the decks on
your own for best learning results which makes sense to me and matches
my own experiences.

> We hope to curate a collection, with some development effort, to be
> distributed in Perú next year.

Sounds good. Please keep us posted!

> ¿What other resources are available?

You mean for anki decks or software?

I found a few anki sets on github, but not Spanish-English. Maybe
there's more if one spends more time searching than me.

I guess you already had a look at Parley from the KDEdu suite? Their
decks do carry licenses, the Spanish-English one is NC though:
http://kde-files.org/content/show.php/English-Spanish+vocabulary+trainer?content=124830&PHPSESSID=6cf460bc1103c9174e2ab1d1f28de4a5

> Thanks in advance for your input.

Sorry, that it wasn't much I could provide you with.

Greetings,

Guido

--
Guido Arnold                       Free Software Foundation Europe
http://blogs.fsfe.org/guido    []           Edu team & German team