edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] FWB: Foss with benefits

From: Charles Cossé
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] FWB: Foss with benefits
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 13:54:23 -0700

Hi Leny,

Thanks for your last very nice, thoughtful post.  I'd say we're in pretty good agreement all-around.  You made the same point in your conclusion that I reached last night, re my (and others) use of the GPL.  And I can state my own perspective now as follows:   I use the GPL as a way to avoid legal issues and protect my software from being exploited by commercial entities.

I am going to disappear for a couple days and implement THIS .  (with appropriate terminology throughout)

One thing I would like to see is FSF and Gentoo Linux coming together over a project like this.  Guess we'll see ...

Also, regarding FSF(E) endorsement of this project (which I plan to formally request once i have the above demo in-hand), it occurred to me to begin a list of "What's in it for FSF?"  (i.e. if FSF were to endorse AutoTeach project) ...at the top of that list is the "be the first on your block with such a thing" factor.  And being in that position can/should be a great promotional tool for FSF and others who might endorse.

Anyway, it's been great to discuss this with everyone, especially you, Leny ... nice to make your acquaintance and everything.  Please join our user and developer groups if you like ... it would help the project to have members ... and any way that readers can share and recommend the project at this critical stage would be very much appreciated.

Have an excellent weekend,
Charles