edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] FWB: Foss with benefits

From: L.Cecilie Wian
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] FWB: Foss with benefits
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 13:14:19 +0100

So had a look at it. First of all, when looking at it i will have to look at it in seperate pieces.

The r-pi-firewall Autoteach and payment.
And the other programs.

AT: Simple is better, while wanting the parents (users) to be able steer the payments to whatever program they prefer is a nice idea, i fear the complexity may kill it. So picking up some experience from other applications: Spotify. The base idea is that the artist i play gets the money, in addition they have a really intricate payment structure, that i , as the user, never sees. And i am pretty happy with that. Flatter, a system i love the idea of, became to much work, and i forgot about it. So how about making it an system setting that can be changed? Autodistribute based on usage, and then forced distribution of the user is interested? (what happens if they do not distribute payments?)

The programs:
I am mostly curious about your Forced reader. It seems like you got a new way of thinking about this. And thats good, this is a difficult problem, since, well, making it easy and automated (so the parents have an easy job) while still ensure the wanted action is taken.

The program description, way to long and intricate, i assume it is b/c it is a draft, and that you will sharpen it. Take a look at some other project description pages for things backed. Ops! I see you allready lanched the kickstarting for this. Can you make changes to the project when it is started?