edu-fr

Re: [Edu-fr] you need some help

From: Odile Bénassy
Subject: Re: [Edu-fr] you need some help
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 22:04:43 +0100

David Pinkston a écrit :

> Hello,
> My name is David Pinkston and currently own and operate www.learnclub.com
> It is not a free training site

you know, you can charge even for a free software, or a course on a free
software

("free" has two meanings in English
in most other languages they have 2 different words)

>but very reasonable and I certainly would be
> willing to add some free training to it.  My limitation might be that I
> currently pay royalties to resell this training and  the people I pay
> royalties may get a bit upset if the free training courses competed.
>
> Actually I personally wouldn't care.  On this site I am mainly looking to
> help people that can't afford the ridiculous prices of training elsewhere.
>
> I would also be willing to help develop some of these courses if that is
> what is needed.  My time is in short supply but let me know if there is
> anything I can do to help.
>
> My computer experience began in 1967 with Fortran IV Programming.  I can
> program in and use Java, C several propietary languages, dhtml, javascript,
> asp, php, xhtml, sql, css.

Certainly you could help GNU and free software by teaching PHP3,
javascript, and other free software like GCC for example.
See what we have on
        http://www.gnu.org/software/software.html

> I'm just learning Linux but have had bsd unix
> for several years.  I work with databases and interface them with the
> web.  Other programming languages that I have used but do not do much any
> more in are Pascal, Basic, Fortran and several propietary languages.  I
> build and maintain my own networks, am A+ Certified and currently have
> available two separate Internet DS1 connections.
>
> I believe in GNU, would like to become MS free and would do what I could in
> the time I have to support GNU.

that's fine
tell us how you are doing !

--