edu-fr

[Edu-fr] Greetings

From: David Bumgardner
Subject: [Edu-fr] Greetings
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 14:35:37 -0400

Hello,

My name is David Bumgardner an a founding member of the
"Pikeville Kentucky Professional Linux Users' Group."
We are a new lug that started last September 2002.
Our goals are to be a service to the business and education
community.  We are sponsoring a free "e-business seminar 2003"
on May 13 for the Eastern Kentucky businesses.  We invited
3 internet providers to give presentations along with us.
Our goal is to promote awareness of technology and Open-Source tools.
We want to announce free Open-Source utility application training for the
businesses at our e-business seminar.  One application we will provide
training for is OpenOffice.  We have a facility to have the training.
What else would you suggest?  And can you provide help in any form?
Also, we have a pilot program we want to start by this summer for public schools.
Are idea is to build 6 Linux boxes and donate them to the local
high schools and grade schools with the stipulation that Linux run
on these boxes.  If this goes well, we can increase the number of boxes
we donate next year.  This all hinges on donations and/or grant
money.  Our goal is to provide an alternative to windows for the students.

Sincerely,
David Bumgardner
PK-Plug