edu-fr

Re: [Edu-fr] Education

From: Hilaire Fernandes
Subject: Re: [Edu-fr] Education
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 20:35:55 +0200

On Sun, 11 May 2003 18:01:20 +0100
address@hidden wrote:

      I would be interested in helping out with the gnu education effort.  It's
quite
      relevant to my background, and sounds an interesting thing to work on.
What
      type of things can people do?  I'm not sure how much you guys have done
so far,
      but I had a few ideas wrt forming some links with comp sci departments
around
      the world.  Maybe getting a doc together which could be mailed to these
      departments, and also getting some rep's within the different schools -
it's
      great experience, for isntance for undergrads.  I'm sure most departments
would
      want their students to be as aware of gnu software as possible, so could
be
      some success there....

A valuable task could be going throught some free software then writting
documents on those software and how they can be effectively used in
pedagogical situation. These document could be used to promote free
software in education. Also these documents will very valuable because
it will not be just about what *may* be done with free software in
education but also what is *doable* in real situation.

What do you think about that ?

Hilaire Fernandes