eev

Re: [eev] any people around ?

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: [eev] any people around ?
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:58:41 -0300

Hi - I am not dead, just hiding, studying for an exam... 8-|

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  This is a control message to check that I am not alone on this
>  mailing list :)
>
>  Please get back to us so we can discuss tips and tricks about
>  eev. Did you all quit ?

Xavier, I thought about a kind of "full answer" to your questions, but
it would take pages!... It would be better if we could chat a bit - or
at least bounce a handful of low-quality (not eev-list grade) short
messages back and forth privately between us - so that I can find out
what you know and what you don't, suggest ways to proceed, and show
some examples...

Here is an idea that occurred to me yesterday, after a chat with a
real-life friend:

  (define-key eev-mode-map (kbd "M-h M-e")
    (lambda () (interactive) (find-efunctiondescr 'eev-mode)))

Note that then you get a help page about eev by typing M-h M-e, and
then you can get rid of it with M-k...

This needs to be made better - I need to add at least a few links like
these:

  (find-eev "eev-steps.el")
  (find-eev "eev-mini-steps.el")
  (find-eev "")

to the docstring, and select some examples...

Btw: I've started to convert <http://angg.twu.net/eev-article.html> to
texinfo - a full conversion is going to be very tricky, as the
e-scripts in the info version ought to work from the info pages
themselves, without the need for copying them out and unindenting...
and some glyphs are problematic...

Sorry... 8-( more later,
  Edrx