eliot-dev

Re: [Eliot-dev] Updated ca.po file and Spanish dictionary

From: Olivier Teuliere
Subject: Re: [Eliot-dev] Updated ca.po file and Spanish dictionary
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 22:42:33 +0100

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 4:28 PM, Joan Montané <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here [1] there is the updated ca.po file. I think the original string
> "Cannot stat file '%1%' " is a typo for "Cannot start/open file '%1%'
> ".

I have added your translation to CVS and changed this string. Thanks!

> Also, I've compiled the official Spanish FISE lexicon [2]. I've used
> this distribution file [3] (I think ít's correct) and this wordlist
> [4], compiled dawg file is here [5].

Great! I will soon add it to the website.

Just a question: is it normal that Y is marked in the dictionary only
as a consonant?
I noticed that some words use it as a vocal (hippy, lycra, henry,
body, lady, ...), but they may be exceptions (they all seem imported
from English)...
On [1], the importance of vocals and consonants is explained (section
II 4), but I didn't find the official list of vocals and consonants.

> I've checked Spanish (and current Catalan) dictionary with Eliot 1.10,
> Windows version.  There is an encoding problems with non-ascii chars
> (both dictionaries). I cann't test now on Linux version. I will test
> in Linux GUI in Tuesday.

This is also fixed in the development version, thanks for reporting.

Regards,
--
Olivier
[1] http://www.fisescrabble.org/mundial_duplicada.htm