eliot-dev

[Eliot-dev] Some Eliot issues

From: Joan Montané
Subject: [Eliot-dev] Some Eliot issues
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 21:44:29 +0100

Hi,

Some days ago we (Catalan players community) play an important tournament with Eliot as tournament software. Some issues were found when using Eliot.

Note: we use Arbitration (duplicate) mode, using a Master game template, and DISC 2.5.12 [1] (Catalan word list)

Issues:

1. If you need to add manually a move (word and coordinates), because it isn't in list of movements (word-coordinates-score), then it's always computed as invalid move (0 punts). An easy workarround is set 0 as game listing limit, so all moves are computed and listed in move list.

2. Sometimes, after pressing"Search" button, list of movements is empty. No moves are shown. A workarround is type a filter and clear it. Then moves are shown in list of movements.

3. A weird and bad thing (maybe is It related with 1?). In a game 3 players play same movement (word, coordinades, score), but Eliot assings different scores!? One player gets 46 points, and 2 other players get 0 points! I attach game file (Mundial2015-mati-Mancor.eliot). See round 9: PRES 15H

4. Very close to 3. There were moves zeroed incorrectly. See round 7 of 2n attached file (Mundial2015-mati-elPrat.eliot). Round 7, MOCARIA 5D is a valid movement, but computed as zero by Eliot. :(

5. Sometimes, When you create a new game with a Master game Eliot crashes (Catalan dictionary, Arbitration mode). I cann't get you any hint. Eliot rashes and closes automatically.

6. Minor issue. I was unable to change language menus on OSX. Neither Catalan, Spanish or French. On OSX Eliot only shows menus in English. On Linux or Windows I was able to change Eliot language menu.

Issues 1 to 4 are really a problem for us (Catalan community). We are trying to promote duplicate scrabble variant, and Eliot is a great tool, but such issues are a pitty. I dont' know if these issues are shared by other lang/dictionaries, or they are caused by digraphs tiles (French distribution are free of them).

Any help?

Yours,
Joan Montané

[1] http://diccionari.totescrable.cat/versio/eliot.zip