elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] Full headers in page navigation

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Full headers in page navigation
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 01:04:57 +0100

Hi Axel,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Axel Jacobs <address@hidden> wrote:
> As you know, none of the packages produce output that is even remotely as
> nice as that from Elyxer. The navigation header from latex2html is about as
> close as it get, but
> a) Whay is the order Next, Up, Prev and not the other way around?
> b) the section names are not numbered and very short, so it's hard to tell
> what happens when they are longer.
>
> Well, this didn't get us very far, did it?

I have a prerelease version ready for this feature (part titles in the
--splitpart navigation header), which I will be sending to you
presently. However I have a question to you all: what would you prefer
to be displayed in this case? The navigation header was until now:
"Previous: Chapter 5" and now should include the title, but "Previous:
Chapter 5: How to Make Friends" has one colon too many. I have played
with a few possibilities:
  Previous Chapter 5: How to Make Friends
  Previous Chapter 5: How to Make Friends
  Previous: Chapter 5  How to Make Friends
  Previous: Chapter 5, How to Make Friends
  Previous: Chapter 5. How to Make Friends
  (Previous) Chapter 5: How to Make Friends
  [Previous] Chapter 5: How to Make Friends
  Previous: How to Make Friends
But none is fully convincing. What do you think?

Thanks,

Alex.