elyxer-users

Re: [eLyXer-users] Full headers in page navigation

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: Re: [eLyXer-users] Full headers in page navigation
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:04:56 +0100

Hi José Ramón,

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Jose Ramon Alvarez Sanchez
<address@hidden> wrote:
> By the way, if the document language is Spanish or Hungarian,
> Babel adds a dot after sectioning numbers in TOC and contents
> titles for the LaTeX result (like: "5.2. How Not To Make Enemies").
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/required/babel/babel.pdf
> (see pag. 179 and 263). The default for all languages is NO character
> after section numbers.
>
> In eLyXer there is some inconsistency about end of sectioning
> numbers. In TOC with --notoclabels there is a dot, and without
> --notoclabels it is a colon. The sectioning numbers in document
> content are always without separator. Maybe it should be changed
> to no termination character in all cases.

This inconsistency is intentional, and it tries to mimick how LyX
outputs the PDF. At least with --notoclables. However I am trying now
to replicate how it used to look (with a dot) but without success, has
it changed lately? Note that the character between number and title is
an em space: ' '.
  Normal:
    Chapter 5: How to Make Friends
  --notoclabels:
    5. How to Make Friends
  PDF:
    5 How to Make Friends

> The additional dot for some languages (or other optional character
> with default empty value) could be implemented later if necessary.

Why, of course: my test documents must have been in Spanish and thus
the dot. I have removed the dot as you suggest. Thanks!

Alex.