Re: [emacs-bidi] Embedding levels of formatting codes

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Embedding levels of formatting codes
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:16:23 +0200

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:30:33 +0200 (IST), Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> If the user asks to see the formatting codes, do we want them to be
> displayed like this:
>
>   here is a small {RLO}tsET{PDF}
>
> or like this:
>
>   here is a small {PDF}tsET{RLO}

I think that it does not matter. I think the user who wishes to see
the formatting codes, will want to see there exact place in the
buffer, so he will display the buffer with the BIDI disabled.

I know that when I will want to pinpoint the formatting codes and
their influence on my bidi editing, I will display the same buffer
in 2 windows, one showing them without BIDI, the other without
showing them, with BIDI enabled.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign