[emacs-bidi] Re: Sun Israel to Pledge Support for IGLU (fwd) -> Bidi-Ema

From: Yotam Medini
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Re: Sun Israel to Pledge Support for IGLU (fwd) -> Bidi-Emacs ?!
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:48:59 +0200

Office software is nice and very valuable. The support pledged by Sun
is encouraging. But I think it is essential that software
infrastructure for Hebrew support will be available.  In this context,
what could be more important than a strong text-file editor that
supports Hebrew.  Therefore, I suggest Sun would sponsor the
Bidirectional support for Emacs. The effort
 (<a href="http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-bidi";> see</a>)
is going on for years. May be if Sun could help the people involved so
they would be able to spend fair amount of their time, we could see a
working Emacs with Hebrew and Arabic support much sooner.

-- yotam