[emacs-bidi] Re: Sun Israel to Pledge Support for IGLU - IBM does.

From: Eli Marmor
Subject: [emacs-bidi] Re: Sun Israel to Pledge Support for IGLU - IBM does.
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:43:50 +0200

Ehud Karni wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 06:11:00 +0200, Eli Marmor <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > It is so famous, that even the Israeli newspapers write about it in an
> > average frequency of twice per a week (today, for example:
> >
> >   http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArtPE.jhtml?itemNo=86976  )
>
> The above article is IBM's Israel Gidaly announcement that they will
> work on Hebrew for Open Office (not Star Office). I spoke with him and

OpenOffice == StarOffice

The definition of OpenOffice by freshmeat.net (this is THE definition,
and not only a part of the definition):

: About: OpenOffice.org is the Open Source project through which Sun
: Microsystems is releasing the technology for the popular StarOffice
: productivity suite.

It's like Mozilla and Netscape.

The code is 99% equal. One is Open Source and has an extra 1% of code too
new to be included in the second, while the second is a commercialized
version of the first and has an extra 1% of code which can't be released.

--
Eli Marmor
address@hidden