Re: [emacs-bidi] state of BIDI within stable GNU emacs (UTF8)nikud

From: Martin Duerst
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] state of BIDI within stable GNU emacs (UTF8)nikud
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:14:13 +0900

At 05:48 05/12/01, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>So some real debugging is, in fact, in order.  The good news are that
>the bidi reordering code is not invoked unless you turn on the bidi
>display flag (the buffer-specific variable enable-bidi-display, which
>is nil by default).

Okay, from your explanations, it sounds as if the following
would work: Do some edits with enable-bidi-display nil, then
switch that on to trigger display, then switch it off again,
and continue editing. Not exactly sure I'd like to work like
this, I just want to know whether that would avoid the bugs.

Also, have you considered calling whatever corrresponds to
cntl-L internally instead of abort when you find an inconsistent
situation, or log that inconsistency in some kind of 'dump'?

Regards, Martin.