Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew input methods (Was: Thank you Eli for your work

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew input methods (Was: Thank you Eli for your work on bidi!)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 11:52:28 +0300

> Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:52:04 +0300
> From: Yair F <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Forgive me my faulty memory.
> >
> > What's the status with including those input methods in Emacs, btw?
> > Is there any reason not to add them now?
> >

> The legal grindstones are slowly rolling at their own pace.
> We'll have to wait until I'm able to transfer the copyright to the FSF.

Any news on this?  If the copyright transfer is not yet possible, any
estimation on where it will be?

Emacs 24.1 is about to enter pretest by the end of this month, with
feature freeze at that time or shortly afterwards.  So if we want
these input methods to be part of Emacs 24.1, now is the time to add
them to the Emacs repository.  Thanks in advance.

(I was reminded of their absence the other day when I needed to type
Hebrew diacritics for my on-going work on bidirectional editing
support in Emacs.  Paradoxically, this is dirt-easy on Windows, but
hard when I'm logged into a GNU/Linux machine via PuTTY.)