Re: Dependency on lisp.h

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dependency on lisp.h
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 20:11:19 +0200

> From: "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 12:34:43 -0400
>
> > I'd like to remind people who make _real_ changes in lisp.h (such as
> > struct member addition/removal, or function prototype declaration
> > changes due to addition/removal of arguments) to please touch config.h
> > so that everything is recompiled.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by `touch'.

Sorry for unclear wording.

I meant to touch config.h on the machine of the developer who made the
change, when that developer builds Emacs after the change to test that
the change works.  This will reveal problems that otherwise could
destabilize the CVS tree.

> How about splitting the file somewhat.  I recently changed lisp.h
> because of a change in keymap.c, for example.  It would have been better
> to have keymap.h with full dependency info in the Makefile.

I suspect that the problem is with the many Lisp-related macros on
lisp.h.  If this is indeed the case, it will not be easy to split
lisp.h.

> I'm not going to start such a split now, but maybe it's something
> to put in etc/TODO ?

Probably.