Re: problem of released-button style mode-line

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: problem of released-button style mode-line
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:38:24 +0900 (JST)

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> Thank you.  But, I think we need this change because we may
> not be in a buffer of WINDOW.

Right [could you check in that change?].

> And, I found that you added the new arg FULLY to
> pos-visible-in-window-p.  I think we can use it at the tail of
> fit-window-to-buffer as below:
> The only problem is (sit-for 0).  We need it to make
> pos-visible-in-window-p return a currect answer, but it leads to some
> flickering.

Right; I played around with it a bit, but I didn't really want to use
sit-for 0.

I think correct thing to do is change the case in
Fpos_visible_in_window_p where the window vars are not up-to-date, where
it currently does the stuff with move_it_to, to do a full update of the
window's desired_matrix *if* FULLY is t (instead of using move_it_to; of
course if FULLy is nil, it would just use the old method).  That should
make the information accurate without doing a real redisplay.

I tried for a while to make this work, but I didn't have much success.
I was kind of hoping Gerd would comment on this thread... (`You bozo,
just do *this*, it's trivial!')

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche