Use of `font-lock-warning-face'

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Use of `font-lock-warning-face'
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:41:32 +0900 (JST)

There are some places that use `font-lock-warning-face' that don't seem
justified (I noticed more than most, perhaps, because I have it set to
something *really* obnoxious and bright):

  Dired uses it for `flagged for-deletion' (I guess this makes a kind of sense)
  and `marked' filenames (this doesn't make sense; it probably ought to
  use different faces for these two different states anyway).

  Compilation related modes use it for filenames.  I can maybe see this
  for the `compile' command, where normal output *doesn't* have any
  highlighted filenames, and you want to see them easily, but it's real
  ugly with commands like `grep' &c where every line of the output gets
  flagged.

Maybe something like `font-lock-keyword-face' would make more sense for
the dired-marked-files and grep-&c cases.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche