question

From: Calin Vatavu
Subject: question
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:49:13 GMT

Hi. This question may sound shocking but I'll explain why I still ask it. Now at the core of Emacs is ELisp, but should I dare to hope that this will change some day? I mean, if I want to add a new programming mode to emacs (graphical structograms etc. see X32 editor at http://www.blue-river-software.com) I don't think I could write it in ELisp.Maybe in Perl, Python or even C. And there is another issue: if you want Emacs to stay alive in the future then you should change it at its core. Look at the sentmail and qmail: sendmail is cool, but very hard to configure, qmail is not. That's why so many sites quit using sendmail for qmail. If this is out of the question, then sory for the noise.