Re: Build Emacs from CVS

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Build Emacs from CVS
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:41:46 -0400

> By the way, it seems that we still have loaddefs.el and
> cus-load.el in the CVS repository.  I think they cause a
> trouble in the near future.

Yes.  We can easily remove cus-load.el (and finder-inf.el as well).
For loaddefs.el, it'll take a bit more care because I believe that right
now the bootstrap doesn't work with an empty loaddefs.el.
I looked into it a while ago and decided it should wait for "after 21.1".

address@hidden said:
> People who use the CVS sources should know what they are doing.  I
> don't  think any of the developers had any problems with loaddefs.el
> during the  entire pretest, right?  So, evidently, this problem is not
> too hard to  solve.

I've had conflicts in loaddefs.el several times in the sandboxes where
I haven't locally `cvs remove'd the file.

        Stefan