Re: tooltip-delay

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tooltip-delay
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:25:09 +0200

> Sender: address@hidden
> From: Karl Eichwalder <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:48:01 +0200
>
> The real problem is, they disappear too soon (maybe, this is a
> language problem; native speakers will read the English faster).

It's possible that the language could be a factor.  The current
default (5 seconds) seems to be consistent with what other GUI
environments do.  Could you try to customize tooltip-hide-delay and
see what value seems to be good for you?

Perhaps we could have different defaults depending on whether the
language environment is English or not?

> > Don't menu tooltip add useful information?
>
> Yes.  "Print Buffer" and "Postscript Print Buffer" tool tips are
> correct, but a little bit misleading.  "Postscript P B" will output page
> headings, too (IIRC).  BTW, why not writing "PostScript"?

Please be sure to post any suggestions like those to gnu.emacs.bug.  A
lot of effort went into making the help text as clear as possible, but
I have no doubt that more work is in order; your (and everyone else's)
feedback is important.  Thanks.