Re: incorrect paste

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: incorrect paste
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 11:52:00 -0700 (MST)

Emacs does not have a "buffer for selections", so there is no obvious
candidate for the cause of the problem.  Debugging a test case that
fails is the only way we could find what is wrong.

Is there any chance that you could work out a precise test case for
this problem?  It is hard for me to know when I have pasted "some
number" of paste operations, so I have no way to know when I should
expect to see the problem, or whether it is happening on my machine.

(I also don't know how to use, or even launch, the clipboard under X.
Could someone tell me?  I know how to copy and paste in X, not using
the clipboard--does the problem happen that way too?)