Re: Emacs build failure

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Emacs build failure
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 18:44:30 +0100

address@hidden (Pavel Janík) writes:

> Kai, please look through the log where it did not correctly finished
> something. You will find it...

Okay.  Previously, the build process complained that it couldn't load
some file, so I frobbed lisp/Makefile.in to include lisp/calc in
EMACSLOADPATH.  With that, I get

/----
| Compiling /home-local/grossjoh/work/gnu/emacs/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el
| /home-local/grossjoh/work/gnu/emacs/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el: In toplevel form
| /home-local/grossjoh/work/gnu/emacs/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el: error: symbol's
function definition is void ((calc-record-compilation-date-macro))
\----

So, it appears that it is now time for me to wait for the patch that
somebody wanted to submit to make calc work with Emacs 21.  Hm.  Or I
could try to disable calc again, but why didn't it work previously?
Strange.

But I think that the build process should stop at that spot rather
than ignore the error.  What do you think?

Thanks a lot for all your help; I never suspected that the real error
might be happening much earlier.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.