Re: Emacs build failure

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: Emacs build failure
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 15:08:29 -0500

> Calc is not the only one.  doctor.el also spits out gobs of
> warnings.  I suggest not to be intimidated by that too much.  With
> time, the real warnings should be removed, of course; but for now,
> don't let this be a show-stopper.

Yeah, my goal is just to get it to byte-compile and run; after that we
can work on reducing warnings.

> Why can't you simply use calc-compile, like the original Makefile
> did?

Do you mean something like

(eval-when-compile
  (require 'calc-maint)
  (calc-compile))

in the alphabetically first file?  This would be quite a hack.  I
suppose it might work...

Otherwise, I don't see how we can integrate calc's existing build
system and the lisp/ build system, since the way the latter works is
to simply traverse each file and run `byte-compile' on it.