Re: unknown face (used for dialogs) looks bad on dark background

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: unknown face (used for dialogs) looks bad on dark background
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 23:12:03 -0700 (MST)

    This dialog box uses my default (light) foreground color and a light
    grey background.  This is practically illegible.  I was unable to
    determine wether any face controls this.

Did this bug ever get fixed?  Is anyone working on it?
We ought to provide a way to control this from a face in Emacs;
for certain toolkits, that might require specifying certain X resources
based on the face before popping up the dialog box, but that can't
be too hard.